A. PROFILE COMPOSITION.
1. An application for Criminal Record Certificate (Form No. 03/2013/TT-LLTP; Form No. 04/2013/TT-LLTP);
2. Power of attorney in case of authorizing other people to carry out the procedures for issue of a Criminal Record Certificate Number 1 (in case the attorney is father, mother, wife, husband, or child of the principal, Power of attorney is not required). The power of attorney must be notarized and authenticated according to the provisions of Vietnamese law or the law of the country where such person is a citizen or permanent resident. In case of authorization according to the law of the country of which such person is a citizen or permanent resident, the power of attorney must be consular legalized according to Vietnamese law and translated into Vietnamese.
Individuals applying for Criminal Record Certificate Number 2 are not allowed to authorize other people to carry out the procedure.
3. A copy of the identity card or passport of the attorney (in case of authorization to apply for Criminal Record Certificate Number 1);
4. A copy of the identity card or passport of the person applying for the Criminal Record Certificate;
5. A copy of the household registration book or certificate of permanent or temporary residence of the person applying for Criminal Record Certificate.
(In case of submission of photocopies, the original must be presented for comparison. If the original is not available, a certified copy shall be submitted as prescribed by law)
* In addition, the person applying for Criminal Record Certificate that is eligible for fee exemption or reduction shall present documents as proof.
- Prepare the required documents mentioned in section A above and then submit the application in person to dossier-receiving and result-delivering section of the Department of Justice;
- Vietnamese citizens shall submit their application to the Department of Justice in localities where they permanently reside. In case they have no place of permanent residence, they shall submit such application to the Department of Justice in localities where they temporarily reside. A requester residing overseas shall submit the application to the Department of Justice in the locality where he/she resided before exiting;
- Foreigners residing in Vietnam shall submit their applications to the Department of Justice in localities where they reside. In case they have left Vietnam, their applications shall be submitted to the National Center for Criminal Record of Vietnam.
- Within 10 days from the date of receipt of a valid application, Vietnamese citizens and foreigners residing in Vietnam shall be granted a Criminal Record Certificate. In case the requester is a Vietnamese citizen who has resided in different localities or once resided overseas, or a foreigner, or a person whose conditions on automatic remission of convictions need to be verified, the time limit is 15 days.
- The applicant receives the result at the dossier-receiving and result-delivering section on the day stated on the receipt.
C. IMPLEMENTATION AGENCY.
Department of Justice.
D. FEES AND CHARGES.
- Fees for issuing a Criminal Record Certificate: VND 200,000.
- Fees for issuing a Criminal Record Certificate for students, university students, people with meritorious services to the revolution, martyrs’ relatives (including biological parents, wives (or husbands), children (natural children, adopted children), persons with the care of martyrs): VND 100,000.
- Children, the Elderly, the Disabled, Poor households that are defined in Decision No. 59/2015/QD-TTg, Inhabitants in communes with extreme difficulty, ethnic minorities in communes with extremely difficult socio-economic conditions, border communes, safety zones (ATK): Free.
- In case of needing more than two cards in a single request, from the 3rd card onward, the agency will collect an additional fee of VND 5,000/card.